Welcome to the ultimate Minetest git site:
This site hosted 7,579 git repos as of the last gitea restart.
Most of the repos were/are for Minetest. You'll find both current mods here and mods that have disappeared elsewhere. We've also converted a few non-git mods to git form so that you can access them here. As a bonus, lost files previously hosted on MediaFire will be added here in due course.
There is no more generally complete Minetest git collection in existence. This is the place to win the race.
There are some FOSS repos of other types. You can store your own git repos here as well. Go ahead, it's free. If possible, though, stop sending bots to register empty spam accounts.
Email comments or questions to: me @ minetest.org
The code in old Minetest repos is often experimental or obsolete. So, many of these repos can't be used directly. However, the code is a useful reference for modders working on new features.
Final Minetest is being redone. Links to the new code will be added here in due course.
Search that doesn't leave you in the lurch:
Use the navbar at the top to navigate. Note: This site supports full-text search of source files.
Hold the phone, how to clone:
To clone a repo to your hard disk, use CLI commands of the following form:
Note: You can use http instead of https. However, if you do so, a redirection warning message will be printed.
You can also download a ZIP file or TAR.GZ tarball from a repo's
web page. Look for the type of button shown below. It's a
For example, click on the sample hidden_doors link provided further up and look for the button there.
* We've been informed that Perttu Asshola's Fall 2010 collection of ultra-early MT binaries is offline. You can access a mirror at the link below:
* A mirror of the MT forums from 2011 to 2017 is online at the link below. It includes files that are missing from the trollstream copy:
MT people index:
The people listed below have 10 or more repos here or they're interesting or relevant to the Minetest story.
A few people without repos are listed just to provide access to Minetest profiles or posts or other information.
Note: If you're using a phone in portrait mode, the list will be too tall. Rotate your phone to landscape mode.
* The GitHub "minetest" account is called "minetest" here.
"minetest" accounts from non-GitHub sites have had upstream site identifiers added. So, for example, the "minetest" account from "gitgud" is named "minetest-gitgud" here, "minetest" from NotABug is named "minetest-notabug", etc.
* "notabug" lets usernames end with a period but "gitea" doesn't permit this. So, we needed to change the username "y.st." locally to "y.st".
* Similarly, at Github, repo names can contain a period but "gitea" prohibits this. So, we needed to change the repo name "auth_rx.wiki" to "auth_rx_wiki".
* We're not certain that the following repo is valid:
The repo in question produced the following warning message on import:
warning in blob 81bb16b46edb67f6614169e42a6586b4eecc74db: gitmodulesParse: could not parse gitmodules blob
youtube-dl and similar tools:
This section was added as a response to the attempted takedown of youtube-dl in 2020. FWIW tartube is a GUI front-end for youtube-dl. Many of the other tools will have broken over time but the code may be useful for developers.
A few more non-Minetest repos: